Each set of tables will be preceded in the monograph by an introductory text providing the reader enough information for interpretation of the tabulated data. The text should be written as an abstract and should be limited to 500 words. The structure of the introductory text is outlined below with the list of essential information.
Information provided should relate to the data reported in the monograph (same population and period of coverage).
Population and area covered
- Particularities of location, climate, environment, economy, health insurance coverage
- Access to health care and insurance policies, including extent of facilities for specialist paediatric and adolescent oncology, pathology, neuro-oncology, etc.
- Size of the national population and the proportion of children at the national level
- Proportion of the national population covered by the registry and, if different from national figures, the proportion of children within the total population in the registration area
- Description of ethnic groups or regions (if applicable)
- Changes over time of the geographical or administrative area covered, explanation for a Submission of only a subset of data (e.g. if these data are believed more reliable, or to avoid overlap with other data sets, etc.)
- Data sources
- Data collection procedures
- Coding systems (and any exceptions)
- Completeness of registration
- Follow-up of the patients (sources, methods, completeness)
- Use of the collected data
- Particularities in cancer occurrence if any
- Year of census
- Methods and frequency of estimates
References to published population data are included in the questionnaire. Only essential references should be listed in support of statements in the text.
Title and authors
- The title should describe the registry and the period of reporting.
- Full names of all those considered authors of the contribution to IICC-3 should be included in the order destined for publication.
The file with the introductory text should be preferably uploaded to the Registries Portal at http://cinportal.iarc.fr according to the instructions communicated to each potential participant. Submission through this registry portal is strongly recommended.
If it is impossible to use the http sever, other means of Submission are e-mailing or postal mailing of the file recorded on an electronic medium. When using e-mail, please make sure that your registry is identified in the "Subject" line.